Friday, October 2, 2009

Mission Miracle from Sora Kara Staley

September 14, 2009

After zone conference (which was wonderful by the way) we had about 1 hour to wait for our ride back to Iasi. Sora Richards and I decided to go out contacting. We recieved five numbers in 40 minutes. That's a miracle! I love seeing how the Lord blesses us when we use His time, doing His work.

Other miracles:
The other day we were running a little late, so we hurried down the sidewalk quickly to make it somewhere. An older woman Gabi was standing on the sidewalk. She stopped us with some small talk and questions. I prepared in my mind how I would turn the conversation but to my surprise, she went right to business and said that she'd read our pliant and wanted a copy of the Book of Mormon. She set up to meet us later that day, and we were able to provide her with a book. God literally set her right in our path.

After English class Saturday we had a lesson with Sora Padure. For weeks I've been wanting to ask her specifically for a referral but I was hesitant. Finally we asked her, "Sora Padure, do you have any friends that need to hear the gospel message?" She immediately responded that she has a friend Genina who has been asking her questions about the church, but admitted that she's afraid to push Genina too hard. We told her how the Lord has been bugging us to ask her specifically for a referral. That gave her courage to act and she's going to invite Genina to meet with the missionaries and come to church. Yay again!

On Sunday, we went over to some blocks right after church got out. In the last block, we both began feeling ill and ready to go home. We sat on the steps trying to decide if we should just quit. Well, using our brilliant method of decision making, I asked Sora Richards to choose between two random objects that represent something. She chose "tree" which meant that we must stay and finish. As we continued on, I remembered the words I'd spoken during our prayer. I'd asked Heavenly Father to help us have energy and desire to finish the block. I told Him we'd endure to the last door, if he'd bless us with His words. Well, it just so happens that behind the very last door in that block of 44 doors was a man named Mihai. He invited us in and we taught him (and kinda his daughter who was going in and out of the room) the restoration. He undertsood very well and promised to pray and read. Enduring to the end always pays off.

No comments: